Friday, 12 February 2010

What a lovely neighbour

Sometimes a blog post really catches your eye and makes you stop and think. BirgittaDesigns posted about domestic violence this week after she had to help her neighbour and child escape from an abusive partner after the woman arrived at her door battered and bruised. It still shocks me that some woman and children have to live in fear and makes me very grateful to have had no personal experience of this sort of abuse (physical or emotional). Birgitta very kindly offered to donate money from the next sale in her folksy shop to Refuge so I thought I would pop over and have a look. I spotted this gorgeous little t shirt straight away and it was the right size for Sam so it was obviously meant to be!



It came wrapped beautifully



and included a lovely little heart which izzy has already grabbed for her room!



The fabric for the rocket is gorgeous. I need to have some of that!



Lovely!

Birgitta very kindly rounded the money up to £10 for Refuge which is a lovely thing to do. I think she did an amazing job supporting her neighbour in this way too. Check out her Folksy Shop for more gorgeous things and Refuge for more information about domestic violence.

4 comments:

  1. What a great cause.
    The tshirt looks great. I love that rocket fabric too.
    I'm off to take a look at her shop now.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My I adore the fabric, if you find it, please let me know. I have a little man requesting a quilt for his bithday next month - argggggggggggggggg. I think it is great to buy from other people that make

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your blog is lovely ... found you via Birgitta's blog.

    I have a 4yr old Izzy too - otherwise known as 'Little Mac' on my blog :: She also has a bit of a thing for fabric hearts ... in particular lavender scented ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, I'm going to see whats in store, and sew scrumptious, i'll put you in the next draw!! Kx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...