Monday, 2 August 2010

Cake!

My little Sam is 2 this week so we had a little party for him at the week-end.



Jon and I both got a bit carried away with the whole cake decorating thing for his party. Jon made a fantastic dinosaur cake complete with streams and volcanoes! It tasted amazing.



I'm still slightly obsessed with my new cupcake stand so I made some cupcakes with the childrens names on. Well actually Jon made the cupcakes and I just decorated them!! How I cursed the parents whose children have names more than 3 letters long!!



Izzy was a very helpful big sister and very pleased with her new dress. A bargain from a car boot sale the day before at 50p. Its a completely gorgeous brand new Next party dress. I couldn't believe it was only 50p and tried to haggle upwards!!


Izzy absolutely loves it especially as it has a net petticoat underneath. Jon is horrified as he hates car boot sales and the very idea of second hand clothes. Is it a men/women thing? I don't know of any men who like car boot sales/charity shops whereas lots of women I know love a good rummage and finding a bargain. I don't often buy clothes at car boot sales but sometimes it would just be rude not too!

9 comments:

  1. Any cake left? I could just do with a chunk of volcano with my cuppa, hee hee.

    The dress is gorgeous, tell him to go and....'Be quiet!' ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes are all amazing, and I bet they tasted good too!. My DH actually loves CBs although I think he would probably balk at buying clothes....men!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. My hubby went to car boot for first time this year and bought stuff. He has decided they are quite cool!
    We had a party at the weekend too. Ours was two last Thursday. We made a Thomas cake. I really must upload my pics.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the cupcakes - you must have serious patience to have iced all those names!! And isn't Sam getting big - it must be a year or so now since I started reading your blog and he was still such a baby! Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is amazing! I would've freaked out with excitement if I got such an awesome dinosaur cake when I was younger... actually, I probably still would.

    Izzy's dress is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 宇宙萬物中,沒有比人的存在更值得驚訝的!是怎樣的緣份讓我能在分享你的心情~~............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely love the dino world cake! We are having rather a dino moment too, I know a little girl who would kill for that cake.........

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...