Thursday, 12 May 2011

We've hit the twenties!!

A lovely package arrived today from Beatrice of Frogs + Sprogs.  Beatrice roped in her mum in to help and between them they sent four dresses for the pillowcase appeal. How fantastic it that? They all looked about my daughters size and I was seriously tempted to put them straight in her wardrobe but rest assured I did resist (but only just!). We have....

A gorgeous pink rose fabric with pink ties


A lovely blue gingham dress. The gingham has little flowers on it and is so pretty



I love this bright multi coloured dress with orange ties. So vibrant


and another little gingham dress. This time in yellow with 2 little pockets.


A huge thank you to Beatrice and her mum! Beatrice also has a lovely online shop selling gorgeous handmade gifts for children. Well worth checking out here

and finally I managed to finish my first dress after my little setback. I'm really pleased with it. I'm going to make a few more for the charity and then a few for my daughter. They are so quick and easy to make. I love this blue rose fabric. It looks really vintagey (is that a word?)


I did zigzag stitch on the bias binding ties. It looks ok but I think I'll do it differently next time. Its all a big learning curve!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the fabric and now its Hasta Luego from me to you.
    Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...