Monday, 14 November 2011

Fabric and Pudsey!

More lovely fabric arrived at the week-end (I really need to start making things!) A lovely fellow blogger called Charley recommended La Chakra for fabric. They are based in America but I had fantastic customer service and the fabric arrived only a week later! You can find their ebay shop here.











The town where I live held its annual craft fair on Saturday complete with bric a brac stall and book sale. I go along every year and its always a great morning out. This year I was sporting a little bit of a hangover following my book club the night before but I still managed to hunt out a few bargains including this lovely vintage china. I want to make some cake stands for Christmas presents so I am on the hunt for pretty old china. This blue china is so pretty. I managed to pick up 2 cups, 2 saucers and 2 plates for £2. I'm a bit scared of drilling through it though in case it cracks and breaks.



This pretty plate was also £2


and this one 50p! I'm still looking for more to match.


This was my best find of the day. A Ladybird 'Learning to Sew' book for 30p. I absolutely love it!! Perfect for Izzy.


2 cute little hand knitted mice for Christmas stockings


A little robin decoration for 50p


I also wanted to share this little sewing kit that I bought for Izzy a while ago in Wales. Its such a great idea for a little girl learning to sew. A little fabric tray for keeping all your sewing things safe.


It comes with the cutest little pin cushion


A little button bag


and a needlecase.


Absolutely gorgeous and a great idea. Just wish I had thought of it!!


I also just wanted to mention that Build-A-Bear Workshop are teaming up with Children in Need again this year to raise money for them. They will donate £5 for every Pudsey or Blush bear they sell to Children in Need. Last year they sold over 11,500 bears and raised over £135,000 for the charity which is fantastic. 




They will also donate £1 from any clothes that are purchased for Pudsey or Blush. They have 55 stores all over the UK. You can click here to find out which one is closest to you and remember that Children in Need is happening this Friday 18 November 2011. What a lovely way to donate!

3 comments:

  1. Your fabrics are really gorgeous Louise. I will have to check them out.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics! Just been over to their Ebay shop - what a fab choice, you've picked some great ones, especially the sewing one!! Can I ask you, did you have to pay any import charges on your parcel? I want to order some fabric from the states too but am worried I will have to pay lots of custom charges etc. I can't seem to find much info on the internet and I don't want to get caught out :( Love your finds too, what a steal the ladybird book was! Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those fabrics! So you didn't get stung on import duty then?
    I used to have that sewing book! Looking at it, I suddenly smelt the smell I I used to get when I opened it. I made that pin cushion on the front as well some time ago.... Love the plates as well - I daren't start collecting them as I think I will get a bit addicted! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...