Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Lets hear it for the boys!

Several people following the 'Dress a Girl - UK' appeal on facebook have mentioned that they might like to make something for boys. I checked and you can make shorts for the boys if you like. Jo and Annie recently sent me my first batch of shorts that they made out of old t-shirts using a tutorial on the 'Dress a Girl' website which you can find here. Thanks so much Jo and Annie. You are both amazing and the appeal wouldn't have been half as successful without the hundreds of dresses you have made and donated this year. I really appreciate it!



There is also a lovely tutorial for boys '10 minute trousers' here which I have permission to share from the lovely Solveig who has a gorgeous blog called Randomness by Petchy


I also received a gorgeous box of dresses from the lovely Betty in Italy last week. Betty has also made some warm dresses that were sent direct to the USA for girls living in the South Dakota Indian Reservation so she has been busy. Not only did Betty fill a box with 13 gorgeous dresses but also some other bits and pieces that might come in useful including some long skirts that might be good for teachers. Thanks Betty!









A big thanks also to Alison who blogs as Peggys Pickles. Alison has done an amazing job and with the help of her friends and several sewing parties has made 140 dresses!! Not only that but Alison arranged for 50 dresses to be taken to Ghana with a friend of hers and has just sent off another 70 dresses to an organisation in Kenya which runs an orphanage and school. You can see more on her blog here. Alison hopes to have some photos from Ghana soon which she will share. Fabulous effort. Thanks Alison. Alison also blogs about her adventures in dress making.

The lovely people at St Pauls Church in Northumberland Heath have also held a sewing event and hope to do more in the New Year. They sent me some photos to share. I can't wait to see what they make! Thanks to everyone involved for all your support.



and last but not least the lovely Laura from 'I Love Crafty' VERY kindly designed a blog badge for people to use on their blogs or websites. Laura did this free of charge and in her own time after I very cheekily emailed her (I had long admired the blog badges on her pretty blog!) Please check out her gorgeous website. If you look at the side bar on my blog you can copy the html code which will display the picture below on your blog and also link back to my information page (check me out!!). Please feel free to use it if you would like to. There is a general one and one especially for people who have made dresses.


Thanks again to everyone mentioned in this post. You have all restored my faith in human nature with your kindness which is lovely especially at this time of year!! 

5 comments:

  1. Great post Louise. Thanks for the mention. The little shorts worked out OK didn't they. A good upcycle of the T shirts I think. I love the post below too - Well done Izzy - those little hearts are fab. Happy Christmas!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely batch of dresses. So pleased to see that the appeal is gathering momentum. Hope to be sending you some more dresses in the New Year. I have my right wrist in plaster (thank goodness I'm left handed) at the mo but it hasn't stopped me from still making things. They are just taking me twice as long to do. I will take a badge and wear with pride on my blog. Have a super christmas and see you in the New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely mention and have a fab Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Louise....I have to say that Jo was the shorts maker [my hubby tends to wear his old t shirts for work and there is no life left in his when he's finished with them]. I will make lots more dresses soon [when I have a little spare time and energy :-) ].
    Hope you and your beautiful family have a really special Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was at Allisons event for the girls dresses.. was very fun..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...