Thursday, 9 February 2012

Somebody stop me!

Ok somebody stop me making these little handbag tissue covers. Ever since I started the Pinterest Challenge I've been obsessed. Its because they are just so quick and satisfying to make. I can't stop myself! I think I will sell these as little pocket money presents for Mothers Day maybe? What do you think?





I also made a few little owl keyrings today with a bit of leftover owl fabric I came across in my sewing room. The smaller ones are tiny owl lavender bags. What do you think? I can't make up my mind whether I like them or not.






I was really lucky to receive my prize today for coming second in the 'Sewing Blog of the Year' competition  organised by The Sewing Directory. Check out their website and blog for lots of information about all sorts of things like sewing classes, new fabric shops and websites, book reviews, giveaways and basically all things sewing related.

I loved my prizes. This book is absolutely perfect.


You might remember that I also made this little patchwork basket for the Pinterest Challenge.


It kind of inspired me to have a go at more patchwork and quilting and this book is not only about making quilts but also joining in online swaps involving patchwork. People swap blocks with each other to make quilts. I have seen these sorts of swaps on lots of other blogs but never really known how they work and now I do! I'm feeling very tempted to do organise one when I have a bit more time.

I love these little sheep buttons too...


and I also received a lovely pack of Makover fabric samples from their Glamour range which is gorgeous. You can see all the fabrics here. My photos came out really dark so I've put some images from the website instead. Perfect for a few little projects I have in mind.







Thank you Sewing Directory for a lovely parcel of goodies!!

I started to make my first ever oilcloth lunch bag today but whilst searching the internet for some tutorial inspiration I came across a couple of blogs which mentioned that oilcloth is not food safe and therefore not suitable for lunch bags. This is because they are coated in PVC. Has anybody else heard of this? I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is such a shame as I just bought 4 metres of Cath Kidston oilcloth fabric in the sale!

and last but not least today I am featuring another of the #PinAddicts team 'makes' - Simply Outnumbered who made this lovely key hanger


with some lovely inspiring words on!

Don't forget you have the week-end to make something if you want to join the challenge. Just link up here by Monday.


13 comments:

  1. Wow. You have been busy. Love your little owls. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep going at the tissue cases until you've got them out of your system. Your owlies are very sweet.
    Great prize, love those sheep buttons.
    Never heard that about oilcloth, be interesting if anyone has further information.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dont let the grass grow under your feet do you Louise? Sooooo busy. You're obviously feeling much better too. :-) I love the little owls.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many time can I say OMG!!!! Owl key rings AMAZING! I'll buy one off you I LOVE THEM! And the tissue bags are genius, definitely sell as Mummy Day gifts. Oooh UR very clever!!! Wow, wow and double wow! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked your prizes, I thought the book might be ideal for you :-) Looks like you've been very busy sewing, love the little tissue pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those little owls!! How did you make them? I'm assuming they are from a particular fabric?
    Prizes are gorgeous, my fave is that fabric with those dresses on. If our world ever gets back on its axis, I'm after some of that :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yes the fabric is called 'on a whim' by Robert Kaufman. Its gorgeous!

      Delete
  7. I've just discovered your blog, and love your work! On your oilcloth question, the PVC coating contains BPA (Bisphenol A) which has been linked to health problems. I think you'd probably have to eat several tablecloths worth to cause a problem, but that is what you need to search for, for more info. US sites are good, as it's a big debate over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Thats really helpful. x

      Delete
  8. I love those tissue cases! Yes, little girls will be more than happy to part with their pocket money to treat their Mummies on Mothering Sunday - I would too for mine, and I'm 46! And the little owls are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make such gorgeous things! I love the little owls, they are lovely! I've got an owl craft in mind for the next PinAddicts challenge, which I am loving taking part in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those little owls are so cute! I love the little handbag tissue covers, you certainly have made a few! Lovely fabrics, looking forward to seeing what you make, those sheep buttons are so sweet too! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend made be a little lavender bag especially for my car, and it was lovely. A lavender bag key ring is an excellent idea and the owls are so cute, the two together, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...