This is my version.
I wasn't sure about having ties around the neck so I added some straps that went around the shoulders and this worked really well although could have been slightly bigger.
I put poppers on the thumb bit but I'm not really sure why. I could have just sewn them together as it doesn't really need to be adjustable if you make it big enough!
For the inside I used a fabric my mum had given me ages ago. It was quite a garish paisley design that was padded and quilted. I wasn't really sure what I was ever going to do with it but it worked really well as the inside of the wings and gave it a bit of strength.
Continuing on the bird theme I also made a little bird for Izzy based on this Pin
You have a week to link at Butwhymummywhy's blog here or you can just pop over and see what everyone has made this month. Remember there is a prize! Happy Pinning.