Friday, 12 October 2012

My favourite UK Fabric Websites

I am always being asked where I buy my fabric and have decided its about time I shared some of the lovely UK fabric websites that I know about. There are lots out there now selling the quirky contemporary fabrics that I love but can't find on the high street (at least not in Bristol!). This is a list of websites that I have used, that have been recommended to me or that I think look amazing and are worth trying out. I have bought fabric from several of these websites recently (all in the name of research of course!!).

Stop Press! Since I published this guide I have opened my own little online fabric shop!! Please pop over and say hi. Its www.sewscrumptious.co.uk. I stock a range of quirky and contemporary fabrics by Michael Miller, Robert Kaufman, Blend, Freespirit amongst others. I also sell a range of fabric gift boxes which are perfect for presents. Maybe I can tempt you with a 10% discount? Just quote BLOGLIST at the checkout!

Sew Scrumptious

 



Fabric Inspirations
I'm starting with Fabric Inspirations as I have used this site many times over the past few years and have always been really impressed with the choice of fabrics and speed of delivery. The postage is also very reasonable. This website quietly goes about its business but definitely delivers in terms of reliability and good service.  They stock a range of Robert Kaufman and Michael Miller fabrics.


Fabric Rehab
I've been using Fabric Rehab for a while now too and I'm always impressed with their fabulous range of fabrics. I love their website too which is really easy to use and have spent many an hour browsing through the fabrics oohing and aahing! Orders have always arrived really quickly and the fabrics are just as gorgeous in real life. They also have a lovely blog and often run giveaways.


Sew La La
I discovered Sew La La earlier in the year and fell in love with their range of pretty vintage inspired floral fabrics. So pretty and delicate and also very reasonably priced. A lot of the fabrics are under £6 a metre. Kath who runs the website is so friendly and helpful and has been really supportive of the 'Dress a Girl' project donating fabric to make dresses with. The service is second to none and the fabric arrives very quickly. They also have a good range of haberdashery items.


Frumble
Frumble is another lovely website I've discovered this year and have used several times. They stock a great range of Michael Miller, Robert Kaufman and Riley Blake fabrics which are reasonably priced. Fabrics arrive quickly and I am impressed with their customer service too.


Seamstar
Seamstar is another great website I have used and would recommend. They have a great range of fabrics and haberdashery items. The website is really easy to use and I often spot fabrics I haven't seen elsewhere.


Fabric HQ
Fabric HQ are a relatively new online site although have been selling gorgeous fabrics on facebook and ebay for a while now. They have just launched a new website and have a lovely range of cool contemporary fabrics including some I haven't seen before on other sites. The website is really easy to use and they have very kindly offered my blog readers a 10% discount on all fabrics from the website using the code SS2



Kitschy Coo
I've followed the Kitschy Coo blog for several years now. Amanda makes the most gorgeous clothes and has recently started selling organic jersey fabrics online too. Check out the viking fabric below - its to die for! I haven't used the website yet because I'm far too scared of sewing with jersey but I'm sorely tempted! The Kitschy Coo blog is one of my favourites and definitely worth following.

Abakhan
Abakhan is great for basics and haberdashery and very reasonably priced. You won't find designer fabrics here but they do stock an enormous range of other fabrics (pretty much everything you can think of!) so are great for all sorts of craft and sewing projects. They have a great new range of quirky fleece fabrics in stock at the moment.


Backstitch
I haven't used Backstitch before but they have a lovely range of fabrics and I have heard lots of good things about them.

The Eternal Maker
I came across The Eternal Maker at the recent Creative Stitching and Hobbycrafts Show. Their fabrics were gorgeous and they had a huge range of Japanese fabrics. That typewriter fabric is just so lovely! They also stock a great range of haberdashery items.


Fancy Moon
I have never used Fancy Moon but I'm always impressed by the range of gorgeous fabrics that they have on offer. This is one I have bookmarked for future use!

M is for Make
M is for Make is another lovely site I've used. I was impressed with the fabric and the speed of delivery. They have some lovely fabrics on the website to choose from.


Saints and Pinners
Another lovely website full of gorgeous fabrics at very reasonable prices. They have a lovely range of Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler and and Anna Maria Horner fabrics. Really pretty.


Simply Solids
Simply Solids pretty much does what it says and concentrates on fabrics of solid colour! They have a great range of Kona, Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett solids of all different shades. I've never used the site but its just been taken over by Justine who I know from blogland so I thought I would give them a mention. Justine makes lovely quilts which she shares on her blog so this is one for you quilters! She also sells Moda jelly rolls and charm packs.


So thats my favourite fabric websites. I NEED to win the lottery now so I can go and buy all those lovely fabrics I've featured!!  If you have a favourite online shop I haven't mentioned, please let me know in the comments. I love discovering new fabric websites to  try out. Happy fabric shopping!

14 comments:

  1. I agree with all that you say! I haven't come across Kitschy Coo before, so I'm hopping over there now to take a peek. I would add Village Haberdashery to that list: www.vilagehaberdashery.co.uk
    I'm afraid there's a queue for lottery wins - I hope I'm near the front!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Moon is a good firm to deal with by post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.....that's wonderful. Thanks for sharing all those. I must give myself some me time now to sit and browse through them all. :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise. I feel ever so cheeky commenting here after you have written so beautifully about Sew La La but I really wanted to say that you are an absolute star who makes a huge difference to so many children through Dress a Girl. I also believe that one day you would love your own fabric shop too, if your hard work for Dress a Girl were a basis to judge you by I am sure your shop would be amazing & be the star of this list. Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great ideas, particularly love The Eternal Maker but Liberty is still my favourite though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the ideas, love the Eternal Maker in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also want to mention Funky Kitsch who have some gorgeous fabrics and are currently having a sale. 25% off their Michael Miller fabrics! http://www.funkykitsch.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, and really useful post! Thanks! When I finally get another machine I shall be mooching around these I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog - I would recommend Emma's Fabric Studio too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog - one of my favourite sellers is Emma's Fabric Studio - good service and gret fabrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very useful, I have had a really good sopping experience with http://www.trixielixie.co.uk/index.asp they wrap the fabric beautifully and both times I have ordered from them they have enclosed a useful free gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very useful, I also like http://www.trixielixie.co.uk/index.asp they are really quick to deliver and put little surprise gifts in with your order.

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.Funkykitsch.co.uk sells some nice european fabrics such as znok as well as loads of funky stuff...why not pop along!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...